Monday, July 25, 2011

The Day Someone Attempted to Commit a "Brittany Spears" on Des...

First off, my 17 year old son come up with the title (this blog is a "Family Affair"). He says, "Hi Everyone."

Well I, like many moms, worried about who should, would, could cut Des' hair correctly. So after what I thought was careful research I set out to get her hair trimmed for no reason other than it seemed like the thing to do. I mean she was four and a half, right? Wrong, but you learn from your mistakes and hindsight is typically 20/20. Let me say that this post is not intended to scare or cause unnecessary fret for my fellow parents, this is simply my experience and I wanted to share.

Picture a couple of months before incident

So I go to the place where I had already spoke to the stylist, was sure that she was capable of the doing a trim on Des' hair. I brought Des' Godmother along for moral support. I spoke to the stylist again about what I was looking for, which was a basic trim, an inch or so off the bottom. As the stylist got by started by spraying Des' hair with water (o_O), I was talking to Des' Godmother. I look and she is combing through Des' hair and turn to talk again. Then came the shocked expression on her Godmother's face. When I turned to look, about 4-5 inches of Des' hair was gone in ONE snip of the scissors. Immediately her hair shrunk up to her ears. My heart sank. Des told the stylist, my dad is going to be MAD. LOL. The stylist said, oh it got really short. I said I thought you said you knew how to cut curly biracial hair. She said I thought I did. I left the establishment without paying, with an earful of apologies and a lot less hair on my baby's head. Needless to say, I am not one who believes stylist anymore. I need credentials.

Picture shortly after incident

I hope that none of you every have to go through this but I did feel like I need to share it with you. 

Until the next time, stay blessed... <3

7 comments:

  1. I would of raised heck in that salon! SMH...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That was not a trim that was a full on cut! She looks so cute though even with the short hair but I would have been beyond upset to put it nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You see I haven't gone back to the salon for this very reason ... most of them really don't know what the heck they're doing with natural hair. Her cut actually looked super adorable! But I understand how disappointing and frustrating it was to see years of caring for it and growing it long gone so suddenly :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO the floor would have been mopped with SOMEONE! Man o man im sorry you experienced that! :( On the upside her hair looked super cute! and it is super long now! So she must have GREAT genetics! Gorgeous Des! Thank you for sharing this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first off.. i'm laughin really hard over the post title.. great one! 2nd of all, i probably would have been arrested. lol. this is the exact reason why i don't go to a salon nor do i take my kids. this happened to me 3 times when i was younger. luckily, she looks SUPER cute with short hair.. but still, that's totally besides the point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree she looked really cute with short hair but that's not the point I'm so sorry you had to experience this and that poor baby. I'm in need of getting my oldest sons hair trimmed but I'm terrified to take him anywhere, any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew... I'd be HOT!!! My goodness... At least she's gorgeous and can rock anything... But, NEVER again would I go to the shop again... I'd be turning over tables up in that bish!!! :-/

    Char~

    ReplyDelete