Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hair Carnival: Breast Cancer Awareness...



Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the bloggers participating in the Hair Carnival decided we would go with this cause since it is sooooo important. For Des and I, we decided to do two styles, both are fairly simple but look totally different.

The first style we used an actual BCA scarf that we found at Target and incorporated it into her hairstyle. For this style we did an upside down french braid up to a high ponytail worn on her right side. We tied the scarf into a big bow and she wore her curls out. She loved it and received numerous compliments on the style.





For the second style we attempted to put the actual Breast Cancer Ribbon Logo into her hairstyle. I had a difficult time getting the ribbon to stay in place while I did a flat twist but after a couple of attempts I decided to be happy with what we had. Des was a champ through it. For the rest of her hair we decide to braid her hair with ribbon. The ribbon is actually wrapped around the hair so you don't actually see the hair. I saw something very similar on You Can Do It Too's blog post, she called it a Mummy Braid.  We did a very elongated flat braid across the front of her hair as well.






We had a blast doing this. Hope you enjoyed our styles. Until the next time... Stay Blessed.





27 comments:

  1. Very creative!! I love all of her styles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much, that means a lot. I struggle with my creativity vs. our patience and time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big ribbon/bow! Diff styles and im glad you enjoyed doing it now off to look at mummy braids lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS, Michelle!! My goodness!! Beautiful!! YAAAAAY!! <3

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute style! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allthingscuteandgirly, Thanks I think you will like mummy braids... I love how they look with ribbon. The big bow was sooo cute, it stopped people for sure. She got a lot of great feedback about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious, Thanks Hun, glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo la LA! Fan-CY! Now I've gotta try mummy braids! And the big bow would have stopped me on the street too :) Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOO pretty I love the upside down french braid! and Awesome job on the mummy braid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. GDL, I know you will love those mummy braids. I just know that Goldi's hair will look great in them. Glad you liked that bow, Des looked at me like I was crazy when I first did it but then she looked at it again and fell in love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. KHC0714, Glad you enjoyed this post. Thank you for posting about those mummy braids, I have to admit, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the big bow with the braid up the back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing, Michelle! I really like the big bow style, it would make me stop and compliment you, too! The mummy braids are gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They both look great, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that big bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These styles are so beautiful!!! You did an awsome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Shay, I loved that big bow too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nikki thanks so much. We loved the same things about the styles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rae, thank you so much. I <3 the big bow too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tracey I am glad you liked both styles, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not one, but TWO beautiful styles!! I hadn't seen those mummy braids before - seems like they'd be another good way to stretch the hair... That big bow is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello friends,

    Wow ! what an interesting blog.Thanks for sharing this information.Your information is really informative for us.
    Nice blog on Loc products.
    Keep sharing more & more.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww! I love it! I love her participation, too! :D Very creative styles!
    ~Karli
    www.curlyhairdoideas.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hehehe, I love Des...so full of personality. Great styles, and I can tell you two had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely love that hair bow! Both styles look super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. BEYOND ORIGNAL!!!! those ponies are just tooooooooo CUTE! Golly that child is a doll!

    ReplyDelete